In 2008, an initiative called 10,000 Women was formed by Goldman Sachs to educate and mentor 10,000 women entrepreneurs in developing countries who would otherwise not have access to business education.
The results have been stunning.
- In December of 2013, their reached their target of enrolling 10,000 women in their program.
- 18 months after graduating, 69% of these women had increased their revenues.
- Their average revenue growth was 480% despite the fact that many were in competitive industries where growth rates are low and these women had primary responsibility for their households of 3.7 members.
- 58% of these women added new jobs within 18 months, and the average growth of employees was 144% from when they started the program.
- 23% of the women reported an increase in their decision making skills and confidence and 21% reported greater negotiating skills.
- 90% of these women are now mentoring other women entrepreneurs!
Do you know how many female entrepreneurs there are?
The number worldwide is staggering.
Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) 2012 Women’s Report showed an estimated 126 million women were starting or running businesses in 67 economies across the globe.
If you are one of them, use this information from the 10,000 Women initiative to inspire yourself to study and learn more about business.
I offer many free and low cost options for learning about business, and there are hundreds of other options–read books, read business magazines like Forbes and Entrepreneur, or simply get online and research one topic each month.
The core curriculum of the 10,000 Women initiative focused on Business Plans, Finance, Marketing, and Leadership. Four topics I will continue to bring you valuable information on to increase your business confidence.
Commit to a small amount of time each day or each week to study. You will be amazed at how much you can learn in a little amount of time. The confidence you will gain will catapult you and your business to levels you never imagined.